On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 19:00:27 +0000, Hansen, Dave L - Eagan, MN
<dave.l.han...@usps.gov> wrote:

>Dear Shell people,
>
>   Is there an OMVS ListServ?
>
>  Some time ago I had a problem with OMVS and getting OEDIT to work.  I posted
> what our script did.  As I remember it just did an "OMVS Lines.." command.  I
> couldn't find what it did that enabled OEDIT to work.
>
>  I was told use "TSO OMVS" and not =6 & OMVS.  Sure enough I could OEDIT a
> file if I used "TSO OMVS".  Now neither works and the dude has left.
>
>  My log is easy.  I enter "oedit testfile" and the screen blinks only to
> return the prompt so I can enter the same command again.  We are running z/OS
> V1R13.  Created with "touch testfile" and "chmod 755 testfile".
>

>Q).  How can I debug this?
>
>Q).  Anyone else seen this?
>
>Q).  Should something be in a log somewhere?

Use the DDLIST command (or TSO ISRDDN) to see if SYS1.SBPXEXEC is
in your SYSEXEC or SYSPROC concatenation.   If not, add it to the logon
PROC or logon CLIST/EXEC or create a CLIST / EXEC that adds it
via ALTLIB.   The former is a better option otherwise you need to execute
the ALTLIB exec after you enter ISPF and need to use things like ISHELL,
OEDIT, OBROWSE, etc.

There are also various freeware utilities that will re-allocate your entire
contention for for SYSPROC/SYSEXEC that could be used or one of the
utilities that just adds it to the existing concatenation.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com