MVS-OE is for z/OS UNIX people.
Archive (and sign-up if you want) at
http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?mvs-oe

or mailto:lists...@vm.marist.edu
subscribe mvs-oe Hansen, Davel L ...

I usually just create and edit z/OS UNIX files from ISPF option 1. You can
put the entire path + file name in the "Other" field. If it exists, then
you edit it. If it does not exist, it creates it. If you put in just the
path name, without a file name, then you get a file list of every file in
the directory. You can then edit an existing file by putting an E in front
of it. If you want a new, then do an "EDIT filename.ext" on the command
line (w/o the " marks, of course). You can do other things from the file
listing, such as "D" to "delete" and others (look on the HELP).

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Hansen, Dave L - Eagan, MN <
dave.l.han...@usps.gov> wrote:

> Dear Shell people,
>
>    Is there an OMVS ListServ?
>
>   Some time ago I had a problem with OMVS and getting OEDIT to work.  I
> posted what our script did.  As I remember it just did an "OMVS Lines.."
> command.  I couldn't find what it did that enabled OEDIT to work.
>
>   I was told use "TSO OMVS" and not =6 & OMVS.  Sure enough I could OEDIT
> a file if I used "TSO OMVS".  Now neither works and the dude has left.
>
>   My log is easy.  I enter "oedit testfile" and the screen blinks only to
> return the prompt so I can enter the same command again.  We are running
> z/OS V1R13.  Created with "touch testfile" and "chmod 755 testfile".
>

> Q).  How can I debug this?
>
> Q).  Anyone else seen this?
>
> Q).  Should something be in a log somewhere?
>

>       Confused,  Dave

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown