From: "Steve Thompson" <sthomp...@us.ibm.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:01:57 AM
Subject: Re: z/OS subroutine in assembler, used in both batch & CICS , making r
e-entrant

From: Tom Marchant <m42tom-ibmm...@yahoo.com>
Date: 06/27/2013 10:46 AM

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:45:50 -0700, Ed Jaffe wrote:

>AFAIK, there is only one 4K range of virtual addresses guaranteed to
>generate 0C4 now and forever: 7FFFF000 - 7FFFFFFF.

I didn't know that. Is it documented anywhere?

The 4K range from 00000000 - 00000FFF is key 0 storage and, as such,
is protected from stores by unauthorized programs.

--
Tom Marchant

Look in the z/Arch book (Principles) for LAP. It even prevents authorized
programs from writing into the "PSA".

[Low Address Protection ?]

You have to set the LAP bit off in a CR to be able to update that area.

Regards,
Steve Thompson