Frank, all

I saw some of the floating point usage type names used in a COBOL standard
proposed draft online during the development.  I added the types for IBM
specific HFP type names which are IBM specific as opposed to international BFP
or DFP standards based.  The type names used could be easily changed in the
zcobol open source once there was agreement on how to define all nine specific
floating point formats implemented in IBM hardware which I think would be a
requirement for the IBM version of COBOL if it is to be used to process data
from other programs that support any of the 9 floating point types.

But my only intent in posting response about the zcobol floating point support
was to provide an example of what that support might look like.  zcobol is
still an unfinished open source project with many other standard COBOL features
still missing, and I have fully retired from the zcobol and z390 development
effort as of last year.

Don Higgins
d...@higgins.net
www.don-higgins.net