In C, if you do an fopen to the PDS or PDSE without a member name,
you can read the directory much like a normal file (fopen with "rb").
Then you have the member names, and then you can fopen the
individual members and process them.

Don't know, if it works for COBOL, too. Maybe not. But if C is an
option for you, here is your solution.

Kind regards

Bernd