If this were a problem that I had to solve, I would now contact IBM support
and tell them that in the second call to ffs the compiler always puts a
zero argument into the call argument list, although it should put the result of the 32 bit right shift there. There is clear evidence for this from the ASSEMBLER resolution that you posted yesterday. This is a compiler bug IMHO. There were
no differing opinions from others so far.

Kind regards

Bernd