don't know for C, but for problems or questions concerning
the PL/1 compiler, IBM support was always very responsive
and helpful. That's my experience, at least.

You could help them by isolating the problem with a small
test program (containing for example only this function and
a little main with a test call). Provide the compile list
with the LIST option, together with the problem description.

Kind regards

Bernd