Jim Mooney wrote:

>We are mystified by this, so I'd like to see if anyone else has had a similar
>observation.

I have not experienced this specific ROUTE problem, but see my comments below.
(I have seen queer ROUTE problems, but that was solved by going in one SYSPLEX
and having ONE shared RACF DB)

>The funny thing is, we get different results from "-DB2T REFRESH,EARLY" when
>the cmd is ROUTED from a second lpar, where no DB2 is running.

Some possible causes ( really WAG, mind you :-D ) could be:

RACF (different authorised issuer of the ROUTE command) (granted, you did not
said from where (TSO, Console, automation software) those commands were issued
in the first place)

You have an exit in place which intercepts that ROUTE command.

Your DB2 may perhaps not like the issuer of that command which comes from
another LPAR.

>Anybody have any theories for this behavior? Or am I missing something obvious
>and asking an embarassingly stupid question?

Or you have an APARable error.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht