Thanks Don and Elardus for your replies.  I don't get a RACf msg during any of
this, so I don't think it's involved. We have a shared RACF DB. I use the same
logon id with the same authority on both lpars.  I just get different results
when I issue it locally. As far as automation goes, we do not have a definition
for '-db2t'. However, I am told that the DB2 subsystem itself actually
recognizes the command from any lpar... BUT... only if DB2 is up to recognize a
command. And of course, DB2 must be down when you issue REFRESH,DB2,EARLY.
This is why I had to use the ROUTE command from lpar 2. ..still puzzled by
this. -Jim