Could you provide a bit more detail?

The questions I have are

1) Is this proclib used in JCLLIB DD statements and you want to rename it
without having to change all of the JCLLIB statements?

2) Is this proclib buried in a lot of JCL and you cannot identify and change
every jcl in a timely manner?

3) Is this proclib in a source management product (CHANGEMAN, ENDEVOR,
etc...) and this would be easier than updating the product?

Since I am not clear on your needs, let me provide a suggestion

If using JES2 (I do not know JES3), if you add the new proclib to the JES2
concatenation and move all of the procs from the old lib to the new one,
even if you have a JCLLIB statement in JCL, JES2 will see the JCLLIB proc is
empty and then search its PROCLIB concatenation.

I will do some testing when I get to work, but I think what you are trying
to do is valid, just the steps may not be in the correct order.

Steps I think should work

1)  Make sure your current proclib is valid (you can browse it)
2)  DEFINE new.proclib.name ALIAS RELATE(old.proclib.name)

If you cannot browse your current proclib, see if it is still on the volume
and catalog it.

Then you should be able to do the LISTC on either and get the same dataset.

If this does not work, you will need to do the LISTC on both the current and
new proclib names and post it here.  Also do a listing on your usercat for
all entries and see if the old name and new name are in there.  If you have
a previous catalog entry for new name, delete the new related name.
Otherwise, just use a totally different name but the HLQ is in the same
catalog.  Say the new RELATED name you are trying to create is
My.PROCLIB.NEW for MY.PROCLIB.  Then try it with MY.PROCLIB.VERYNEW for
MY.PROCLIB.  If you see the new name in ISPF 3.4 but you cannot browse it,
then delete that name from the catalog.

You also should post the complete output from your DEF ALIAS command.

Lizette