>If I am reading this correctly, the BINDER would need to use a PDSE output
>file if there is JAVA, C/C++ type of programs.  If you have native cobol,
>then you might be able to continue the LKED with BINDER to a non PDSE.

No, the COBOL Migration Guide is correct, all COBOL programs produce GOFF
output with COBOL V5, so after Binding you will have a program object and
it must reside in a PDSE.  I thought it was pretty clear myself, any
suggestions for how we could have made it clearer?

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<