On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 09:39:37 -0500, Barry Merrill wrote:

>You have not lived until you have used a Texas Instruments Silent 700 at 300
>baud to watch a

Ah!  Thermal paper?  But that provided me the epiphany that computers
could deal with mixed-case text.  I have not turned back.

But I've used a TTY 33 ASR at 110 baud.

>SAS PROC PLOT, when you can see each and every
>dot being laid down, and definitely not left to
>right nor top to bottom, and not speedily.
>That was my TSO access from home in 1976.

Did SAS perform any optimization of head movement?  One needn't solve
any N-P problem to reduce the cost from O(N) to perhaps O(sqrt(N)).

-- gil