I had forgotten that. We had one of those for "on call" use at one place
where I worked. But we had 2400 bps connection and I had a 2400 bps modem.
I helped one poor programmer (was actually sent to her home) who had a 300
bps acoustic mode connected to an Apple II with a 40x24 screen. Watching
the screen scroll right and left was agonizing.