On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 21:23:35 -0400 "Arthur T." <ibmm...@intergate.com> wrote:

:>On 9 Sep 2013 17:21:22 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
:>cfmpub...@ns.sympatico.ca (Clark Morris) wrote:

:>>On 9 Sep 2013 07:41:42 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you
:>>wrote:

:>>>I once enquired into the question

:>>>Sysprogs, even disgruntled ones, have not usually been
:>>>problematic in
:>>>mainframe shops; and it is well that this is the
:>>>case.  Anyone who
:>>>makes much use of locks needs locksmiths too.

:>>This brings up the very interesting question of whether a
:>>senior
:>>mainframe systems programmer would be able to take as much
:>>information
:>>from his/her installation as Edward Snowden seemingly has
:>>from the
:>>NSA.  If so, is it in the nature of the job or was someone
:>>lax within
:>>the NSA organization?

:>If you have write access to an APF library, you can read
:>from and write to any dataset.  If people were suspicious
:>of you, your accesses could be found out after the
:>fact.  If you're very good or very sneaky, even post-access
:>auditing won't find out what you've done.

:>No, I won't explain how.  I'll leave it as an exercise for
:>the student, who will likely get caught, fired, and maybe
:>indicted.

Don't pretend that it is super sekrit.

Any SYSPROG that writes code (other than a SMP jockey) knows how to do it.

http://www.dissensoftware.com