>But, I really don't like the idea of building my own shelves and I certainly
>am not interested in significantly increasing my time to download >individual
>products.

You shouldn't have to build your own shelves, at least not for "products", as
the XKS shelf acts exactly like a BKS for each product on the electronic
collection kits.  Each product has an XKS shelf. zOS, at least, also has some
other general interest shelves, for example:  "messages and codes",  commands,
diagnosis. This is also the same way it worked on the physical media.

Softcopy Librarian (SCL) works with either BKS or XKS.

Kevin Minerley