First,  Never panic if jes2 reaches 100% TGS.  It can recover
Second, hold all INITS, stop TSO LOGONs
Third- Breath

Review the $POJ command.  Very powerful and has lots and lots of options.

If you have a queue that you would purge daily, Say OUTPUT CLASS X is output
that is not needed longer than a day or two.

Then in an emergency you can issue a $POJ1-*,CLASS=X  to purge all output in
class X

$POJ1-*,AGE>3     to purge jobs older than 3 days
$POJ1-*,JOBMASK=XX*   for a job on the output queue you know as having a
large number of outputs.

Next, review the OFFLOAD function in JES2.  If you have Tape, which I like
for this, you just start an offloader for output and just write it all to
tape.  You can restore it to jes2 later and the SYSLOG will have a listing
of all jobs it offloaded.  Again this has a lot of functionality that
requires practice

If you have Sacrifice output classes in JES2, then you just $POJ them.  JES2
is still functional when 100% TGS.  It just cannot run work or accept jobs.
Logons are jobs entering the system

You might also have a TSO session up in Operations full time (never logs
off) just for such situations.

You might also look at the spool volumes $DSPOOL
Look to see the % usage.  If they are high (80% or more on average) then you
might consider adding a new volume

Checkout the JES2 Redbook
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/redp3940.html

Lizette