From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Thursday, 26 September 2013 10:21 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Issue with JES SPOOL

One more thought for z/OS V1.13 and above

The $S SPOOL command has the ability to allocate a new space

$sspl(spool7),space=(cyl,100)

$HASP893 VOLUME(SPOOL7) STATUS=INACTIVE,COMMAND=(START)
$HASP646 1.3333 PERCENT SPOOL UTILIZATION
$HASP423 SPOOL7 IS BEING FORMATTED
$HASP630 VOLUME SPOOL7 ACTIVE 0 PERCENT UTILIZATION

JES2 starts spool volume SPOOL7. If SPOOL7 is a new volume, a 100 cylinder
sized data set is allocated. However, if SPOOL7 is already defined to JES2,
the command fails and the HASP003 error message is issued.

Now, what I do not know is if the spool volume name being used has to match
the SPOOL Name prefix.

Maybe someone can clarify that. Because if you are in a 100% TGS condition,
can you just add a spool volume without it matching the spool volume names?
That would allow for any empty spare volume being used.

Or must it match? If it has to match then it would not be helpful during a
100% TGS as you could not start any job do clip the volume.

Lizette