BTW: here's a Object-Pascal compiler based on LLVM project:
http://code.google.com/p/llvm-pascal/
(I think that there are more than one of these)

For info in LLVM:  http://llvm.org/

IBM has reportedly become more interested in LLVM for z:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTM1MTc

and has contributed some patches to the LLVM project (at least for C/C++
compilers):
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2013-April/061170.html

.. enough links; starting to look like a garlic.com list :-)

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com