I worked with PASCAL/VS in the late 80s and early 90s and
used it a lot to do technical computations for the Stuttgart local transport
company. I built interfaces to SQL/DS (DB2 for VM in todays speak),
DMS/PANEL and GDDM - all things that were not available from IBM
in those days - and GKS (graphic kernel system), which is a device
independent library to produce graphical output for plotters as well as
for graphical displays.

This was one of the best compilers I ever worked with. I never had the
feeling to miss anything in the compiler or in the language definition.

Today I am trying to add some - more - extensions to the old Stanford Pascal compiler of 1982 (running on VM/370 R6 on Hercules) with the final target to
make this compiler as useful as PASCAL/VS was (and maybe porting
it to more recent OSes). But this will be a long effort, because I don't have
much spare time.

Kind regards

Bernd