Jake,

You can always do a LISTC in REXX and extract ALIAS entries.

However, I am not sure what you are working on.

If I resize a catalog I use (very generalized steps)

EXPORT into Temp
DEL/DEF
IMPORT

Process for resizing.

If I am moving ALIAS, I use something like REPRO MERGECAT

I rarely have to define all aliases to a catalog in this manner.

Could you provide better detail?  Why would the above not work for your
process?

Also, there are products on the market that can actually do these types of
activities.

Aliases are defined in the MCAT pointing to a user cat.  So are you going to
delete all of your aliases out of your MCAT?  If so, that could be an
interesting procedure.  Also, if you have VSAM datasets, you have to
consider this process and its effect on your VSAM datasets.

Lizette