Raju Reddy wrote:

>Though I am familiar with most of these stuff, I would like to understand if
>it is possible to copy(not manually) all the ISMF SMS Classes from model LPAR
>to new LPAR.?

It is indeed possible, at least for the source codes of the SMS Classes. Just
test/translate/validate your classes and then you can activate it when
convenient.

>Because most of the Data class and Management classes are going to same and it
>is really a lengthy process to create them Manually.

If the LPARS are in same Sysplex, you can share it. Did you considered it?

>P.S - I have already created SYS1.PARMLIB(IGDSMS00) and also defined SCDS,
>COMMDS and activated a very basic SCDS. So SMS is up and running.

Good. You can fall back when needed.

>And also any advice on Storage for a New LPAR build is really appreciated.

RACF is your friend to avoid nasty surprises. Just having one set of standards
will ease your build-up work.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht