Which is what OA38328 is an attempt to resolve. Works just fine on LPALSTxx and
other members which is what the OP could have used.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Skip Robinson
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 11:25 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: z/OS IPL Issue

My favorite hot button is itching...The underlying problem here is one I've
trotted out during several user sessions at SHARE: the various members of
SYS1.PARMLIB are managed by the various development groups that own them. We as
customers tend to view PARMLIB as a single entity. It actually consists of many
entities packaged together in a single PDS.
While there is some commonality, a syntactic structure (thank you, Noam
Chomsky) that's legal in one member will get disastrous results in another. My
favorite whassup is the so-called embedded comment:

/* PARM123 /* Set system value /* Parm no longer used but left here for
reference */

This seemingly innocuous historical note will work fine in some places, but if
found in IEASYMxx, NIP will issue a WTOR demanding respecification.

In order to subject all PARMLIB members to a single set of syntactic
rules, all participating development cats would have to be herded into a
one big room with no windows and all doors locked. Even I would not want
the job of herder-in-charge.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson