What about nerf herders?

--- rel...@us.ibm.com wrote:

From:         Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com>
To:           IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: z/OS IPL Issue
Date:         Tue, 22 Oct 2013 07:50:32 -0400

>Which is what OA38328 is an attempt to resolve. Works
>just fine on LPALSTxx and other members which is what
>the OP could have used.

While I certainly recommend this APAR, this APAR is not about providing a
common syntax. It is about providing the capability of putting comments
anywhere in the affected parmlib members that you want. Not limited to
"after the first space, on a line with other data; and after the last line
that ends with a comma" as was the case for many.

As this was done as inexpensively as possible, it chose a very inexpensive
approach that some other parmlib members already used (but far from all).
For this set of members, it is "common syntax".

No herding of cats is forthcoming.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.