>Usually customers have more time to migrate off fading solution/technique.
>Not to mention ISAM or IMBED...

It's a bit more complicated than just migrating to BPX.UNIQUE.USER.  You have to
be at AIM (Application identity Mapping ) stage 3 for RACF.   However, you can't
convert to AIM 3 if you have more than 129 userids sharing a UID.   There are a
number of IBM products that still require or at least document using UID(0) and
when
you clone that usage to various STCs / userids between prod/devl/qa etc. that
limit can be hit easily.    Remediation work is in progress for this at my
client
and I'm hoping it doesn't delay a z/OS 2.1 migration in production next year
(usually starts around April or May).  Yes, I've been warning the RACF team
about this for over 2 years since z/OS 1.13 planning started, but no action
was taken.  So to Radoslaw's point, it really doesn't matter how much time
IBM gives for some of these things.  Shops don't take action until they are
forced to.

In one of my client's sysplexes non UID(0) UIDs are shared between a certain
group of end users (1000s of them in some cases) and that also has to be
remediated also.  But that is an AIM issue only because that sysplex didn't
use BPX.DEFAULT.USER.   BPX.UNIQUE.USER would help, but it's a catch 22.

BTW, this issue does affect ACF2 and Top Secret as well.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com
ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
Systems Programming expert at http://search390.techtarget.com/ateExperts/