IMO, use of UID(0) for a non-BCP component by a vendor or by IBM is simply
an indication that the software designer is too damn lazy to determine what
access they really need and simply refuse to spend the effort (and money)
to determine which of the UNIXPRIV authorities might actually let them do
what they need. Or just have the SUPERUSER privilege in order to switch
into "root" for a short time to do something. IMO, it would be like saying
that the program run by an STC needed to be put into the SCHEDxx member of
PARMLIB to run non-cancelable and in PSW key 0 with a RACF id which had
OPERATIONS authority.

<snip>

--
This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists, and not enough
hunchbacks.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown