On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 17:59:20 -0800, Jon Perryman wrote:

>Gilmartin is the one who is stating imagined "ill's" about z/OS which started
>this. TSO alloc & exec's have existed for decades that could easily merge
>datasets. Use of UNIX rename over the use of GDG's which has also existed for
>decades.�

"Started" what?  I don't recall saying anything about "merging" data sets.
What I asserted was that copying a file in UNIX requires a single "cp"
command with two operands; copying a data set in z/OS (with IEBGENER)
requires five commands: EXEC plus four DDs, some of which have several
operands.

-- gil