Helped perhaps by the fact that he knows what 'antetypical' means,
Bill Fairchild has made my case better than I had made it.  I did
indeed have [some of] these notions in mind.

The more recent development of this thread has pleased me.
Vociferous, historically tin-eared objections have been very largely
replaced by assertions of preference, e.g.,  for the usability of
minuscules in some classes of names where only majuscules may now
appear.

It would be all but impossible to object to these wish lists for the
relaxation of traditional formatting restrictions; and I do not; but
neither are they, finally, very important. (What I earlier today
called the psittacism involved--their too frequent, mindless
repetition in tones of moral outrage--is objectionable; but that is
another matter.)

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA