Tony Harminc said:
>But for that matter, even Google insists on searching for things vaguely close
>to what I asked for, rather then the actual thing.

Indeed. I sometimes had to use advanced searches, but you need to search (sic)
for that picture of a gear (options), where you can then search (sic) for

Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

>I don't recall google ever honoring a request for an exact match.

Neither me, but I hate 'Instant predictions', so I usually turn that feature
off.

I don't like to see (annoying) sponsored hits, but then Google is a free thing
and must make money in one or other way.

My pet peeve is - when I search a word in a language, not English, then Google
is useless.

Perfect search engines have not been invented, but I recall in the early years
of Internet, you could hire 'search experts' to do searches for 'search
challenged' dummies... :-D

Hmmm, now with all those threads, how do you search for that perfect Operating
System? :-D

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht