This has to be less than sysprog 101 but I am obviously less than a sysprog.

Here is my SMF Dump proc:

//SMFDUMPS PROC MAN='SYS1.S0W1.MAN1'
//DUMP1   EXEC PGM=IFASMFDP,REGION=1M
//INDD1    DD  DSN=&MAN,DISP=SHR
//DUMPOUT  DD  DSN=xxxxxx.SMFDATA,DISP=(MOD,CATLG),
//     SPACE=(TRK,(10,10),RLSE),
//     LRECL=32760,RECFM=VBS
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=H           Was D
//SYSIN    DD  DSN=VENDOR.PARMLIB(CLRMAN),DISP=SHR

VENDOR.PARMLIB(CLRMAN) is
  INDD(INDD1,OPTIONS(ALL)),OUTDD(DUMPOUT,TYPE(89))

There is almost nothing going on on the system. I have only a very few Type
89 records:
89             8           .07 %         1,794.00           326

But xxxxxx.SMFDATA quickly goes to multiple extents, multiple tracks, and an
SB37. Here is about 24 hours' worth of data:
                                                   Tracks %Used   XT
xxxxxx.SMFDATA                                        157  100     6

What the heck am I doing wrong? Or am I off in my expectations somehow?

Thanks much.

Charles