Nobody has mentioned much about COBOL. Depending on what the OP wants to
learn, and his home system. He might be interested in GNU COBOL (formerly
OpenCOBOL) at http://www.opencobol.org . Or, perhaps even more so, zCOBOL,
at http://www.z390.org/zcobol/ . zCOBOL runs on Linux and Windows. It is
very similar to z/OS Enterprise COBOL, a good way to learn COBOL on the
cheap (only costs $0.00!). But Wait! There's More! It also comes with a
CICS emulator as well. Now what would you expect to pay?!? It's still the
low, low cost of $0.00!

What's the catch? It's written in Java. So you do need to have Java
installed on your desktop. However, I personally rather like Java. I also
enjoy hitting myself in the head with a nurf hammer. <grin/>

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 6:37 AM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) <
shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net> wrote:

> In <8988413032026434.wa.herowith.zerogmail....@listserv.ua.edu>, on
> 12/28/2013
>    at 08:28 AM, Rajesh Kumar <herowith.z...@gmail.com> said:
>
> >I need a good tutorial for rexx and cobol.
>
> REXX Reference Summary Handbook, ISBN 0-9639854-2-6
>
> REXX in 21 Days
>
> Both out of print, alas.
>
> --
>      Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT
>      ISO position; see <http://patriot.net/~shmuel/resume/brief.html>
> We don't care. We don't have to care, we're Congress.
> (S877: The Shut up and Eat Your spam act of 2003)

This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists, and not enough
hunchbacks.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown