On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Nathan J Pfister
<npfis...@aessuccess.org>wrote:

> What Norbert said: the Ported Tools version is what you want (HHAP700).
>
> As for your second question "Is it worth to migrate".  I would say that it
> is worth it to migrate from the HTTP Server based on Domino to the one
> based on Apache.  Apache is the industry standard, and quite honestly, the
> one based on Domino is very outdated.  Plus I believe IBM's direction is
> that they are no longer doing enhancements of any type to the old HTTP
> Server, so you're better off on the one based on Apache.

Apache is the current industry standard. But a lot of Apache shops are
strongly looking at "nginx" to replace it. It is said to be faster (using
less RAM and CPU), easier to set up, and more secure. I'm just echoing what
I've heard. I have not set up a nginx server, but have set up an Apache
server on Linux/Intel. I use the old HTTPD (Domino) on z/OS because I see
no reason to convert, given that "z/OS is an obsolete POS which we want to
eliminate".

http://nginx.org/en/

> Thanks;
>
> Nathan Pfister
> zOS Systems Programmer
> AES\PHEAA - Tech Services
>

> From:   "Norbert Friemel" <nf.ibmm...@web.de>
> To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
> Date:   01/15/2014 05:05 AM
> Subject:        Re: How to order HTTP Server (Appache)
> Sent by:        "IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
>

> On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:09:36 +0100, Miklos Szigetvari wrote:
>

> >If someone can advice,  if I can order the IBM HTTP Server (powered by
> >Apache)  JIWO610 online via ShopzSeries or how can I get it.
> >(and maybe is it worth to migrate ? )
> >

> Order the HTTP server feature of Ported Tools (FMID HHAP700). JIWO610 is
> an optional feature of WebSphere Application Server.
>
> http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/features/unix/ported/ihs/index.html
> http://oss4zos.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Apache_HTTP_Server
>
> Norbert Friemel

> This message contains privileged and confidential information intended for
> the above addressees only.  If you
> receive this message in error please delete or destroy this message and/or
> attachments.
>
> The sender of this message will fully cooperate in the civil and criminal
> prosecution of any individual engaging
> in the unauthorized use of this message.

Wasn't there something about a PASCAL programmer knowing the value of
everything and the Wirth of nothing?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown