From:   Skip Robinson <jo.skip.robin...@sce.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Date:   01/16/2014 11:06 AM
Subject:        Re: Need help setting up SLIP trap
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

If you can get advice from IBM, I'd go for that. Meanwhile you might try
this NON-PER trap:

SL SET,ID=NDMP,A=NOSVCD,LPAMOD=IEFJRASP,ABEND=S0C4

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
jo.skip.robin...@sce.com

From:   John Chase <jonboy...@gmail.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Date:   01/16/2014 10:55 AM

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:18:37 -0700, Lizette Koehler wrote:

>In ipcs there is a panel entry which let's you change the setting in dae.

 You can suppress dumps from there

The only panel I see anywhere in IPCS that even mentions DAE is this one:

--------------------------------- DAE Display
--------------------------------
                                                            Row 1 to 48 of

672
Command ===>                                                  Scroll ===>
CSR
  Enter an Action Code next to an entry.
  Enter / next to an entry to choose from a list of Action Codes.

  Dataset: 'SYS1.DAE'
  Dumps  since last DAE Display: 0               Total Dumps suppressed:
8071
  Events since last DAE Display: 4377            Suppression rate: 9%

A  Last      Last      Total   Date of   Symptom String information:
C  Date      System    Events  Dump      Abend  Reason    Module    CSECT

   01/16/14  SC10       64254  01/14/14* S00C4            IEFJRASP
IEFJRASP
   01/16/14  SC10       12533  01/14/14* S00C4            IEFJRASP
IEFJRASP
   01/16/14  SC10         260  01/14/14* S00C1            IEFJRASP
IEFJRASP
-  01/15/14  SC10         114  01/14/14* S00C4            IEFJRASP
IEFJRASP

for which these "action codes" are available:

---- DAE Action Codes ----
Place cursor on Action
Code and press Enter.
S-------------------------
S Show Entry Details
T Take Next Dump
V View Dump Index Entry
W Leave this panel

We already have the following DAE options in effect:

DAE=START,RECORDS(400),
          SVCDUMP(MATCH,SUPPRESS,UPDATE),
          SYSMDUMP(MATCH,UPDATE)

They don't seem to be working as expected.  Thus my request to code as
specific a SLIP trap as I can to suppress those dumps (suppressing LOGREC
recording appears not to be possible), to give DUMPSRV a "rest" (and stop
wasting CPU cycles.