On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:09:45 -0800, Skip Robinson wrote:

>Make that
>
>SL SET,ID=NDMP,A=NOSVCD,LPAMOD=IEFJRASP,C=0C4
>
>.
>.
>JO.Skip Robinson
>Southern California Edison Company
>Electric Dragon Team Paddler
>SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
>626-302-7535 Office
>323-715-0595 Mobile
>jo.skip.robin...@sce.com
>

>From:   Skip Robinson
>To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
>Date:   01/16/2014 11:06 AM
>Subject:        Re: Need help setting up SLIP trap
>Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
>

>If you can get advice from IBM, I'd go for that. Meanwhile you might try
>this NON-PER trap:
>
>SL SET,ID=NDMP,A=NOSVCD,LPAMOD=IEFJRASP,ABEND=S0C4
>
>.
>.
>JO.Skip Robinson
>Southern California Edison Company
>Electric Dragon Team Paddler
>SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
>626-302-7535 Office
>323-715-0595 Mobile
>jo.skip.robin...@sce.com

Thanks.  Now 10 minutes after setting it, it appears to have had no effect:

JOBNAME  STEPNAME PROCSTEP TYPE JNUM   C POS DP REAL PAGING    SIO   CPU%
DUMPSRV  DUMPSRV  DUMPSRV  STC           NS  FF 3491   0.00 4126.5   4.50

On the other LPARs, the DUMPSRV SIO and CPU% are both zero most of the time.

We're scheduled to IPL this LPAR Saturday night, so we're considering a SADUMP
at scheduled shutdown time.  This "spin" in DUMPSRV seems to be rather benign,
all things considered; we "lived with it" overnight last night.

    -jc-