We installed TADz as POC. It was easy to install, easy to run, and easy to
clone among sysplexes. AFAIK it requires DB2 on every system you want to
monitor.

Then Corporate policy turned to BMC DISCOVERY in part because it had
already been established on other platforms. DISCOVERY uses what I call
'MAINVIEW Infrastructure'. If you currently run MAINVIEW the product or
one of the other infrastructure exploiter products, then you already have
in place much of what's required. Not all BMC products are exploiters.
APPTUNE happens to be one; there are many others. MAINVIEW Infrastructure
is complex, requires several started tasks, and requires oodles of TLC
(and vendor help) to clone among sysplexes. It does not require DB2  but
does require some kind of off-platform server to pull data from the
mainframe via TCP/IP and a SAF userid with appropriate READ authority.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company