This has been asked before,....here

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:34:41 +0100, Miklos Szigetvari
Post by Miklos Szigetvari
Hi
We have a number of user ZFS datasets, in NON EXTENDED format , and
already has reached the 4Gbyte limit
Till now we have allocated a new extended format ZFS and copied into it
via USS copytree.
I would use PAX instead ... probably quicker.

I've used this rexx program to do copies from one file system
to another in batch, but you certainly can do it interactively with
the commands or running the rexx program in a shell.

/* rexx */
/*=================================*/
fromdir = '/from_dir/'
todir = '/service/'
/*=================================*/
call syscalls 'ON'
address syscall 'geteuid'
uidval = retval
say 'Current UID = 'uidval
if uidval <> 0 then do
say 'Attempting to set to UID=0'
address syscall 'setreuid 0 0'
uidval2 = retval
if uidval2 <> 0 then do
say 'Unable to set to UID=0'
exit 12
end
Else say 'New UID = 'uidval2
end
address syscall 'chdir' fromdir
say 'Copying files from' fromdir 'to' todir
call bpxwunix 'pax -rwvCMX -p eW . ' todir
Post by Miklos Szigetvari
Can the REPRO do the same ?
I wouldn't. Search the archives. I have repro'd a zfs to a new zfs
and was able to mount and see the data, but someone else tried
it (to go to extended) and it didn't work. Also remember a zfs is
a formatted data set.
Post by Miklos Szigetvari
Can I restore a NON extended into an extended ?
No. There is no "DATACLAS" to assign / convert to on logical
restore. Also this from the DFSMSdss Storage Admin Reference:

When performing a logical or physical data set restore operation of a VSAM
extended-format data set, the target data set allocation must be
consistent with the source data set allocation as follows:

- If the source is an extended-format VSAM, then the target must be an
extended-format VSAM.

- If the source is a compressed VSAM KSDS, then the target must be a
compressed VSAM KSDS.

- If the source is an alternate index for an extended-format KSDS,
then the target must be an alternate index for an extended-format KSDS.

- The target control interval size must be equal to the source.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:***@zurichna.com