From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
Sent: 31 January 2014 00:06
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: What TCB or TCBJLB is reprinted by TSOLIB

In <8b2f688abd2648dface2e1d0cc5c5...@wal-vm-mbx1.rocketsoftware.com>,
on 01/30/2014
   at 12:33 AM, Rob Scott <rsc...@rocketsoftware.com> said:

>I was paraphrasing from the TSO/E manual section for TSOLIB :

Paraphrases are quite often wrong, as in this case.

>"You invoke an application, like ISPF, that places its own task
>libraries on top of the search order TSOLIB has set up."

>This means that the newly attached ISPF task can create its own TASKLIB
>environment that can be passed to subordinate tasks which will nullify
>the effect of the TSOLIB.

No. It means that the newly created subtask has its own tasklib, which is
searched first. There is no way to nullify a tasklib.

What may be confusing you is that in a TSO environmentthere are separate TCB
structures for authorized and unauthorized commands, and that ISPF uses DCB= in
some cases.