From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Chase, John
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 10:32 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Disabled wait

It's in the _z/OS_MVS_Dump_Output_Messages_ manual:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r13/topic/com.ibm.zos.r13.ieah600/iea2h69020.htm#wq42

IEA41001I NIP RIM modname HAS FAILED

Explanation:  A nucleus initialization program (NIP) resource
initialization module (RIM) was in control when the system entered a wait
state.

In the message text:

modname   The name of the NIP RIM.

System Action:  The system enters a wait state.

User response:  Use VERBEXIT SYMPTOM command to retrieve the symptoms for
doing problem searches. Also issue VERBEXIT MTRACE command to find
messages that cannot be issued to the console because it is not yet
initialized.

Source: System initialization (IPL/NIP)

   -jc-

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.