CONCAT is not a standard TSO/E command. It's likely a Rexx or CLIST, in
which case you can look at the code to see what it does. If it's an RYO
command processor, you may not have the source.

I agree with your earlier comment that handling concatenations may be
different from single data sets because of the most likely usage of them.
A concatenation is pretty useless unless you run a process that works on
multiple data sets. The most common usage, SYSPROC/SYSEXEC, requires that
specific DDNAME and would be meaningless with a system-generated DDNAME.
OTOH there are some processes that require a data set (or volume) to be
allocated under any random DDNAME; they just have to be allocated. In
those cases--almost never a concatenation--a system-generated DDNAME is
fine.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson