What are they replacing it with?

-----Original Message-----
From: John McKown [mailto:john.archie.mck...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 08:01 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: OT: another z/OS sunsetted

Well, the company that I work for has announced that the z will be gone byMar
2016. And, having heard the plan (which I cannot reveal at present), Iadmit
that it _will_ succeed. No, the company is not going out of business!So,
although it is not yet critical, if anybody hears about a z/OS sysprogposition
in the DFW TX metro-mess area, I'd appreciate a heads up.Unfortunately, I live
in Arlington (near the Cowboy & Ranger stadiums), butmost of the z shops that I
know of are up north of Dallas. That's a longdrive, through insane traffic.--
There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!Genghis
KhanMaranatha! <><John
IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,send email to