Not exactly. They said that they were examining what it would take and how
much it would cost. At that time, they came to the conclusion that it
_could_ be done, but the ROI (pay back) was about 4 years. That was
unacceptable to the people at the top. Times have changed since then. The
mainframe does less as more, and all the new, work has moved onto the
Windows platform by attrition.