From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Binyamin Dissen
Sent: 29 May 2014 04:43
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Trying to set an FRR in AMODE64 + AR

  SYSSTATE ARCHLVL=2,OSREL=ZOSV1R8,ASCENV=AR,AMODE64=YES

*        THE VALUE OF SYSSTATE IS NOW SET TO ASCENV=AR AMODE64=YES ARCHX02-SYSST
               LVL=2 OSREL=ZOSV1R8

The requirements for the caller are:
Supervisor state and PSW key 0
Task or SRB (see note below)
Any PASN, any HASN, any SASN
24- , 31-bit, or 64-bit
Primary, secondary or access register (AR) Enabled or disabled for I/O and
external interrupts (see note below) The caller may hold locks, but is not
required to hold any.

Why do I get

+     12,SETFRR A CANNOT BE ISSUED IN AMODE 64 PRIOR TO Z/OS 1.8 OR IN
X01-SETF
+               AR ASC MODE. PLEASE CHANGE TO BE IN AMODE 31 OR PRIMARY
+ X +
ASC MODE FOR THE INVOCATION AND INDICATE YOUR RELEASE,  X + AMODE, AND ASC MODE
VIA SYSSTATE

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com> http://www.dissensoftware.com

Should you use the mailblocks package and expect a response from me, you should
preauthorize the dissensoftware.com domain.

I very rarely bother responding to challenge/response systems, especially those
from irresponsible companies.