On Thu, 29 May 2014 21:14:14 -0500 Walt Farrell <walt.farr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

:>On Thu, 29 May 2014 21:34:37 +0300, Binyamin Dissen
<bdis...@dissensoftware.com> wrote:
:>
:>>I would suggest changing the MNOTE as well.
:>
:>Why? It seems correctly worded to me.
:>
:>>:>>+     12,SETFRR A CANNOT BE ISSUED IN AMODE 64 PRIOR TO Z/OS 1.8
:>>:>>OR IN AR ASC MODE. PLEASE CHANGE TO BE IN AMODE 31 OR PRIMARY
:>>:>>ASC MODE FOR THE INVOCATION AND INDICATE YOUR RELEASE,
:>>:>>AMODE, AND ASC MODE VIA SYSSTATE
:>
:>It says, as I read it, that SETFRR cannot be issued in AMODE64 either (a)
prior to z/OS 1.8 or (b) in AR ASC mode. And that seems to match reality (and
will match the book when Peter gets the book updated).

While that may be valid if the manual was correct, it certainly is not when it
conflicts.

A needle point error, i.e., AR invalid with AMODE64 without the ZOS1.8
verbiage would be much more clear.

http://www.dissensoftware.com