> Why? It seems correctly worded to me.

>>:>>+     12,SETFRR A CANNOT BE ISSUED IN AMODE 64 PRIOR TO Z/OS 1.8
>>:>>OR IN AR ASC MODE. PLEASE CHANGE TO BE IN AMODE 31 OR PRIMARY
>>:>>ASC MODE FOR THE INVOCATION AND INDICATE YOUR RELEASE,
>>:>>AMODE, AND ASC MODE VIA SYSSTATE

> It says, as I read it, that SETFRR cannot be issued in AMODE64
> either (a) prior to z/OS 1.8 or (b) in AR ASC mode. And that seems
> to match reality (and will match the book when Peter gets the book
> updated).

It could also be read as saying that it cannot be issued (a) in AMODE 64, prior
to z/OS 1.8, or (b) in AR ASC Mode.  That was how I read the message.  Your
interpretation, which does match reality, did not occur to me at all, and I'm
guessing that Binyamin saw it the same way -- hence his suggestion to reword.

Regards,
Allen