I found the following PCL sequences for reference, and these appear to be
the correct input tray numbers for the HP P4015tn and other
4000/4100/4200/4300 series HP printers. Of course you'll have to test this.

Paper Source: <ESC>&l#H where # is:

0 = prints or ejects current page / in tray / current tray
1 = 1st Paper Cassette / main paper source / Tray 2
2 = manual feed, paper
3 = manual feed, envelope
4 = Multipurpose Tray / Auxiliary Tray
5 = Optional 500/2000 Sheet Lower Cassette / 2nd Cassette
6 = envelope feeder
7 = auto select
8 = 3rd Cassette / Tray 1
20 = High Capacity Input Tray 1
21 = High Capacity Input Tray 2
(and so on)

For example, the decimal sequence to select paper source Tray 1 (source 8)
would be:

027 038 108 056 072

You may also be able to press some buttons on the printer to generate a
configuration page that might contain PCL tray numbering information.

If you're using Infoprint products for z/OS, you shouldn't have to know
about the PCL escape sequences. Infoprint/Infoprint Transform should handle
that for you, and you'll only have to figure out the tray numbering. You
might have to configure a custom input tray mapping. Take a look at the
Infoprint reference materials, particularly (but not exclusively) the "z/OS
Infoprint Server Operation and Administration" manual. You can find the
Infoprint reference manuals for z/OS 2.1 here:

http://www.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/library/bkserv/v2r1pdf/#APS

By the way, I see that the P4015 series of printers (at least) has an
optional feature (shipped on a DIMM) to support IPDS.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, zEnterprise Industry Solutions, AP/GCG/MEA

E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com