What do you consider an 8 character TSO ID?

Please explain your statement.  My understanding is TSO IDs are maximum of 7
Chars.  A batch job can be the 7Chars + 1.  So what may look like an 8 Char
TSOID may just be a batch 8 character name.

Please provide some examples.

Next, do you have any exits that would allow a TSO ID to be 8 Chars?  If so,
then that exit is going around the 7 Char maximum name for TSO IDs.

Rule of thumb.  TSO IDs need to fit in SYS1.UADS should the SAF not work.  So
long as your SAF has taken control, then the limit maybe removed.  However, the
basic definition of a TSO ID is 7 Chars maximum.

The understanding of TSO IDs and their length is in the past.  Today's z/OS
environment has exits and SAF processes that removed the limitation of the
past.  But that does not mean all of the old functions have been successfully
altered to handle anything other than what it could in the past.

Thanks

Lizette