And I have another suggestion.

There is a mail reflector/listserv for DB2 (if that is the data store here) with many experts and those whop have done similar functions like what you are asking about.

I suggest they you go over to idug.org (international db2 user group) and ask the question there. though the more information you provide the faster the response you will get. here or there

On 2014-08-05, 2:18 AM, Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:
Ron Thomas wrote:

We have a  huge table with around 125 million records and we are unloading this
file in a job based on the current date, there are some instances where this
job gets delayed and runs past 12.00 AM and the records fetched is not correct.
Could some one please let me know in the unload whether we can pass some parms
as we have a cycle file which has the current date stored and by this way we
need not worry whether the job is delayed or not.
and

We are using DB-2 unload utility as the table size is 125 million, the  Unload
data is fed to the downstream programs for further processing.
You did not answered all of Lizette's questions.

My one question is: What is 'unload'? Is it a dump, copy (re-formatted contents
or not) , SQL query, etc?

Also you asked about 'parms', but you did not said what parms you tried out or
against what program you're trying to use parms.

I have other questions: What version of DB2 do you have? Is this an once off
problem or not? For how long is it that you have that huge table? With what are
you 'fetching' the records and storing it somewhere else?

Some possible suggestions: Do your work hourly or give your job higher priority
or split up your table in smaller chunks.

Best solution was given by Ed Gould!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht