Bracket the potential dates in the SELECT and eliminate the ones you don't
want using DFSORT in a later step. So if you are using CURRENT_DATE in the
SELECT use >= CURRENT_DATE for the situation where the job clicks over to
next date. 125 million rows is not a lot for DFSORT to filter later.

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 9:56 AM, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Ron Thomas <ron5...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok The current date is one of the fields in the where clause. There are
> few others too.  Let me know if  there is any other way to handle ?.
>  Thanks.
> >

> This really should be on the DB2-L list. "But that's not important."
> (Airplane!)
>
> You didn't show the WHERE clause. So I must try to guess. I'll guess
> that the WHERE uses the CURRENT_DATE special register. E.g. WHERE
> some-var = CURRENT_DATE . The "somv-var" is a DATE field in each row
> of the table. You might get away with a WHERE clause like:  WHERE
> some-var = CAST(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP - 5 HOURS AS DATE) . Hopefully the
> previous expression is obvious in intent. But it basically sets the
> "current DATE" to start at 05:00:00 and end at 04:59:59.999999 on the
> "next" day. So, as long as the job runs on or after 05:00:00 of day
> "n" and strictly before 05:00:00 of day "n+1", then the WHERE will be
> TRUE for day "n".
>
> Wish I were a better communicator. It may be nasty to say, but I find
> it puzzling that this is not blatantly obvious to whomever is
> responsible for crafting your SQL queries. Unless, of course, there is
> more to this than has been revealed as yet.
>
> Again: POST THE SQL! It will make things much easier. Redact the names
> if they are somehow "proprietary" or "not to be revealed under pain of
> pain".
>

> --
> There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
> Genghis Khan
>
> Maranatha! <><
> John McKown

Wayne V. Bickerdike