On 28/10/2014 6:39 AM, John McKown wrote:
xlc only supports HFP and BFP "natively" via the float compiler option, so
I left it out.

The C/C++ compiler has builtins for both packed decimal and decimal floating point. If you were feeling adventurous you could write bindings for both. Lua supports meta-methods so you can do the equivalent of C++ operator overloading
http://lua-users.org/wiki/MetamethodsTutorial.

There is a decNumber wrapper for big decimal numbers but that's software emulation which is slow https://chiselapp.com/user/e/repository/ldecNumber/index. It's a good template which could be easily reused for decimal floating point.

On Oct 27, 2014 5:05 PM, "Paul Gilmartin" <