Peter,

> I have found plenty of places where the discussion is about DB2's DBM1 and
> IRLM address spaces. Those ignore any MEMLIMIT setting and set this limit to
> values defined in DB2.
>
> I could not find anything related to the utility program DSNX9WLM regarding
> MEMLIMIT.  Waiting for an answer from my DB2 colleagues.

I don't think that this is written down anywhere. All you need to do is dump
the running job and check the value of memlimit in the RSM control block (I
believe it was an RSM control block). You'll find that DB2 overwrites whatever
the installation specifies with what DB2 wants by the simple expedient of being
APF authorized. They just go and put their own value into the RSM control
block, effectively overwriting usual controls. Check the archives, I seem to
have a dim memory that we discussed this here and I got bashed when I objected
to such a practise. In my case it was GRS (they do the same), I think, back in
z/OS 1.2 or 1.4 days.
Just look at the memlimit column in SDSF DA, you'll see exactly which address
spaces have adopted this practise. (In our case, it was even more evident,
because I had limited *everybody* to 6GB MEMLIMIT in IEFUSI/SMF, for the simple
reason that the system didn't have enough real storage to back any more.

Barbara