On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 05:54:10 -0700, Hardee, Chuck wrote:

>I am in need of capturing the output from an APPLY step, specifically the
>assembly and link output.
>Currently my target zone has SYSPRINT defined as SYSOUT=*.
>I have tried several things but, unless I've coded them incorrectly, they did
>not achieve the result I need.
>
>I have tried supplying a defining a OUTPUT statement at the start of my job
>and then supplying a SYSPRINT DD with an OUTPUT= naming the OUTPUT statement's
>name. That didn't work, and I didn't get any indication from SMP/E as to
>errors, but my usermod was not applied.

Is there anything relevant in SMPLOG?

What does the FILE ALLOCATION REPORT in SMPRPT say.  Mine, for example:

                                  SMP APPLY    FILE ALLOCATION REPORT

 ZONE    DDNAME   DDDEFNAM SMPDDNAM TYPE    --------------DATA SET OR
PATH-------------- VOLSER UNIT     STATUS
         SYSPRINT                   PATH    '/dev/fd15'
                                    PATHHFS /dev

I believe I had no DDDEF in the target zone.  Is there anything relevant
in job log, SYSLOG, SMPLOG, or elsewhere in SMPRPT?

-- gil